Coughing is very uncomfortable, especially when it lasts for a long time. Mostly, the coughs have short expectancy. It is generally for a few days and weeks, and then the person starts feeling better.
Rarely it happens, that a cough lasts for several weeks, months or years, without any cause. The cough which lasts for more than 8 weeks is called chronic cough.
Even chronic coughs have a certain which needs to be treat before it becomes a big disease. It results from conditions like allergies or postnasal drips. It is very rare that there is a symptom of cancer or other life-threatening lung conditions.
A chronic cough can have adverse effects on your life. It will obstruct you to have a sound sleep and also affect your work and social life.
Chronic cough causes:
Generally, the common causes of chronic cough are:
- Postnasal drip
- GERD or Acid reflux
- COPD or Chronic bronchitis
- Pneumonia or Acute bronchitis
- Medications for controlling the high blood pressure such as ACE Inhibitors
The other causes which are less common are:
- Heart failure
- Sarcoidosis: These are clusters of inflamed cells, commonly known as granulomas.
- Pertussis: Generally, known as whooping cough, pertussis is a bacterial infection.
- Lung Cancer
- Cystic fibrosis: Thick secretions which damage the lungs and other organs.
- Bronchiolitis: Inflammation and infection of the bronchioles
Chronic cough symptoms:
Apart from the cough, there are many other symptoms that a person can face. It includes:
- Hoarseness in voice
- Stiffness in nose
- Breath shortness
Along with the above symptoms the other problems that a person can face are:
- Fainting or dizziness
- Discomfort and chest soreness
- Unable to sleep peacefully
- Leakage of Urine
- Anxiety and frustration
However, if you are facing these serious symptoms then you should definitely consult Chronic cough doctor near me, These are:
- Coming blood in the cough
- Sweating in the night
- High fever
- Losing weight unknowingly
- Constant Chest Pain
Dr. Pankaj Gulati is a leading Chronic cough doctor near me in Jaipur City. He is having a very vast experience of cough treatment and other lungs diseases, such as Asthma, COPD, ILD, etc. If you are suffering from any of the above symptoms, you can consult him at BreathClinic, located in Jaipur.
Chronic Cough diagnosis:
During the consultation, the doctor will ask questions about your cough and the other symptoms. He can possibly order some tests such as:
- Acid reflux tests: To measure the amount of acid in the esophagus fluid.
- Sputum Cultures: To check the mucus for infections.
- Pulmonary function tests: To examine how much air you can breathe out along with the other infections.
- X-rays and CT scans.
Treatment for Chronic Cough:
In the case of chronic cough, the treatment includes certain medicines which should be taken as per the doctor’s prescription. It includes:
- Antihistamines, glucocorticoids, and decongestants
- Acid blockers
- Cough suppressants
We love to hear from you
- Address H-7 jan path, near danapani hotel , shyam nagar sodala, kishan nager, shyam nagar, jaipur rajasthan 32019
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 7878264902
|Monday To Sunday||10:00 AM -TO- 5:00 PM|
|Monday To Sunday||5:30 PM -TO- 8:00 PM|