What are Allergies?
Allergy is the response of our immune system to a foreign substance which is not so harmful to most people, but however, some people get severely affected by these foreign substances. Their immune system is not able to fight with these foreign substances and results in several harmful symptoms. These foreign substances include dust, food, pollen, insect mites, and many other substances.
Our immune system keeps us healthy by fighting harmful foreign allergens. Generally, the functions include sneezing, inflammation, in addition to other symptoms.
The immune system behaves as per the external environmental conditions.
Allergies are common in the human body. There are many treatments that can help in fighting the symptoms.
The symptoms of allergies that a person experience depends on the type of allergy in addition to the severity of the allergy an individual is experiencing.
Symptoms due to Food Allergies:
Allergies such as swelling, hives, nausea, fatigue and many others are primary comes in the food allergies. The food allergies are not easily identifiable by the person. If you face a serious condition or symptom after consuming a food item, you may concern the allergy doctor in Jaipur.
Symptoms due to Seasonal Allergies:
Symptoms of Hay fever appears like a cold. It includes congestion, swelling in eyes and running nose. Generally, the symptoms are manageable at home using over the counter treatments.
Anaphylaxis is caused by severe allergies. It is a very severe disease which leads to breathing difficulty, unconsciousness, and lightheadedness.
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms then you can look for the best allergy doctor nearby. You can search for phrases like:
2. Allergy specialist near me
3. Allergy specialist in Jaipur (or any other city you prefer)
4. Allergy specialist doctor in Jaipur
5. Allergy treatment in Jaipur
on Google, there would be a list of doctors. You can choose as per your suitability.
In Rajasthan, Dr. Pankaj Gulati is one of the best allergy specialists with a very vast experience of treating allergies. He has diagnosed and treat 5000+ cases.
Asthma and Allergies:
Asthma is very closely related to allergies. Allergies can trigger asthma in the person who never had the condition, and can also make existing asthma worse.
Persons who work in dusty environment conditions such as in coal fields, mining, where there is a short supply of air and a vast presence of harmful particles like ashes, coal particles, are most likely to develop an allergy and suffer from Asthma.
Also, people who work regularly in construction sites, and in such shops where a lot of dust is present also develop Asthma.
The breathing process in asthmatic patient becomes difficult and faces many other problems or symptoms of asthma.
Allergies on the skin could be the sign or symptoms of an allergy. It can also be the result to direct exposure to an allergen.
For instance, consuming food you are allergic can cause immediate symptoms such as tingling in the mouth and throat, and can also develop the rash.
However, contact dermatitis results when the skin comes in direct contact with an allergen. Generally, this happens when you touch something with which you are allergic such as cleaning chemicals, plants, bushes, etc.
The common types of skin allergies are:
- Rashes on skin: Certain areas of skin become red, irritated, swollen, and very itchy.
- Itching: Constant irritation and inflammation on the skin.
- Burning: Inflammation on skin leading to tingling sensations and discomfort
- Contact dermatitis: Red and itchy patches on the skin due to direct contact with an allergen.
- Hives: Raised welts, red, and itchy develop on the surface of the skin.
- Sore throat: Irritation in the throat or Pharynx.
- Eczema: Skin patches inflammation, redness, and bleeding.
Causes of Allergies:
There is no specific reason yet that why our immune system shows an allergic reaction to some allergens which are harmless to our body.
Research shows that certain allergies have genetic components, therefore, they can be pass from parents to children.
The common types of allergens are:
- Dust Particles: It is the most prominent cause of Asthma Allergy. Generally, environment conditions and places near to the construction site, or improper cleaned shops contain dust particles.
- Plants: Pollens from flowers, grass, trees, and resins are common allergens.
- Insect stings include Mosquitoes, bees, and wasps.
- Foods: Allergies from certain food items such as wheat, nuts, milk, egg are very common allergens.
- Drugs: Drugs such as Penicillin and sulfa are common triggers.
- Animal products include dust mite, wastes, cockroaches.
Firstly, the doctor will ask about the symptoms you are facing or anything unusual you have eaten recently. Thereafter, he will perform a physical exam to analyze the symptoms.
Lastly, there would be a blood test and the skin test for the confirmation of the allergy.
Blood test: In the blood test, the blood is tested for the presence of allergy-causing antibodies called immunoglobin E (IgE). These cells react to allergens and cause the symptoms.
Skin test: In the skin test, the skin is prickled using the small needles which contain the potential allergens. Thereafter, the skin reaction is examined. If you are allergic to an allergen your skin will become red and inflamed.
One of the most preferable in avoiding allergies is to stay away from the allergy triggers organisms and substances.
Thereafter, consult the allergy doctor near you. The doctor will prescribe you the medicines and therapy as per the allergy you are facing.
The other therapies in the treatment are:
This is also a very effective allergy treatment. Immunotherapy makes your body able to deal with the allergy triggers. It involves the use of injections course over a few years by which the body gets used to allergy.
If you are facing a severe and critical life-threatening allergy then always carry an emergency epinephrine shot. EpiPen and Twinject are common epinephrine shots.
Dr. Pankaj Gulati is a very experienced allergy specialist doctor in Jaipur who can provide you the best allergy treatment in Jaipur.
We love to hear from you
- Address H-7 jan path, near danapani hotel , shyam nagar sodala, kishan nager, shyam nagar, jaipur rajasthan 32019
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 09560059701
- WhatsApp 09560059701
|Monday To Sunday||10:00 AM -TO- 5:00 PM|
|Monday To Sunday||5:30 PM -TO- 8:00 PM|