Pneumonia Treatment in Jaipur
What is pneumonia disease?
Pneumonia is an infectious disease in one or both lungs. Micro-organisms such as bacteria, fungi, and viruses can cause pneumonia. In adults, bacterial pneumonia is most common.
There are air sacs in the lungs, which are called alveoli. Pneumonia inflamed these alveoli. The alveoli get filled with substances like pus or fluid, and this makes difficulty in breathing.
The pneumonia symptoms could be just mild or even life-threatening. Generally, the common symptoms are:
- Coughing which produces phlegm (mucus)
- Sweating, chills, and fever
- Breath shortness
- Pain in chest
The symptoms may also vary as per the cause and also by the age of the person.
The pneumonia symptoms by cause are:
- If the cause is contagious i.e. viral then there would be flu symptoms like wheezing, and high fever.
- Generally, In the case of a bacterial cause, a person may suffer from a very high fever of like 105°F along with sweating, blue nails, and lips.
Pneumonia symptoms by age are:
- Children below 5 years will experience fast breathing.
- An infant may have symptoms of vomiting, problems in drinking and eating.
- Others may have a lower body temperature.
If you are suffering from any of the above-mentioned symptoms, you should immediately consult your doctor, in fact, it would be best if you consult a pulmonologist directly.
In Jaipur, Dr. Pankaj Gulati is one of the best pulmonologists in the city, who can provide the best pneumonia treatment in Jaipur. You can search for phrases like “Pneumonia treatment in Jaipur” and can look other results too.
The treatment of pneumonia depends on the severity of it, its type and also on your health status.
Initially, the doctor will prescribe you some medications such as antibiotics, antiviral, and antifungal drugs for pneumonia treatment. The doctor may prescribe over-the-counter (OTC) medications for fever, and pain.
Also, the doctors prescribe cough medicines to get relief from cough.
Treatment for the severe condition:
In the case, a person is having severe symptoms and also facing other health problems then the person needs to be hospitalized. The treatments for the patient will include:
- Intravenous Antibiotics medicines: The doctor injects these medicines in the vein of the patient.
- Respiration therapy: In the respiration therapy, a variety of techniques are used such as delivering medicines directly into the lungs. The pulmonologist will also give you some breathing exercises for maximizing oxygenation.
- Oxygen therapy: Oxygen therapy helps in maintaining the oxygen levels in the bloodstream. Nasal tube or face mask provides the oxygen. Consequently, in the case of the extreme condition, the patient is put on the ventilator.
At BreathClinic, you will get the finest above-mentioned treatment from the best pulmonologist in Jaipur Dr. Pankaj Gulati. He can provide you the best pneumonia treatment in Jaipur at very affordable rates.
Types of Pneumonia:
The types of pneumonia are categorized basis on the cause, location of the infection, and how the patient acquire infection.
Type of Pneumonia on the basis of cause:
On the basis of cause, pneumonia can be classified into four types. These are:
- Bacterial cause: Generally, the bacterial cause of pneumonia includes bacteria such as for example, Chlamydophilla pneumonia, Legionella pneumophila, and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Viral cause: It includes pneumonia caused by viruses, and often found in young and older people. However, unlike bacterial pneumonia, it doesn’t last for a longer period of time and relatively not that much serious. Moreover, it is less severe in comparison to the bacterial one.
- Mycoplasma pneumonia: The mycoplasma organisms have traits of both bacteria and viruses. The symptoms are not that much severe in this, and often found in old children and young adults.
- Fungal pneumonia: Mostly, people who inhale a large number of organisms can suffer from fungal pneumonia. Fungi is common from soil or bird droppings. Fungal pneumonia can weaken the immune system and cause chronic diseases.
On the basis of location:
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP): As the name implies, this is bacterial pneumonia which a person will get at a hospital stay. It is more serious than others as it can be resistant more to antibiotics.
- Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP): It refers to pneumonia that a person gets from outside environmental factors.
On the basis of Acquiring:
- Aspiration pneumonia: This occurs when the person inhales bacteria while eating food, drink or saliva. There are more chances if you have a problem with swallowing or consuming alcohol or drugs.
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP): If the patient gets pneumonia while using a ventilator then it is VAP.
We love to hear from you
- Address H-7 jan path, near danapani hotel , shyam nagar sodala, kishan nager, shyam nagar, jaipur rajasthan 32019
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 7878264902
|Monday To Sunday||10:00 AM -TO- 5:00 PM|
|Monday To Sunday||5:30 PM -TO- 8:00 PM|